Saturday 3 April 2010

Bletchley Enigma marathon - a very dull race report

We ran around a lake, and then into a headwind down a canal. At 14 miles, we turned around and ran back. It rained in the last half hour. I was exceptionally bored. The good thing about boredom is it encourages you to put more effort into your running to get it over with sooner, but god only knows how GUCR runners can tolerate 150+ miles of canal. At least it's dark for several hours overnight I guess.

This has to be my most accurately run race, advertised at 26.88 miles and clocked on my Garmin at 26.88 miles, and my finish time of 4'11 wasn't brilliant but is nothing to complain about. Well done to my mate Dave Bayley, a fellow 10 in 10 runner, for making his first marathon go so smoothly, his marshals were particularly stalwart. Starting and finishing the race by the pub was a great move, it was lovely to see so many Fetchies and 100 Marathon Clubbers, and thanks to Amanda for chatting at me for much of the first half, sorry you didn't get much back!

10 in 10 training is entirely responsible for causing me to run marathons so dull I almost fall asleep and fall into the canal. It's not all chocolate boxes and roses (who said that?), so please reward my dedication/stupidity with a small donation to Brathay. Link up top. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment