Saturday 15 May 2010

10 in 10 Day 9 - 4'48

Yesterday could have been a dead cat bounce (you know, even dead cats can bounce back a little bit) so I was very very happy to have another stronger day. The legs are definitely feeling heavy now and the aches are more noticeable but it's easier to push through them when the end is in sight. I wanted to take today very easy to leave some in the tank for tomorrow and that helped me get to my first negative split of the event. The support today was fantastic, loads of cars beeping and waving, and lots of people out on the route cheering us on. It feels like people are really aware of what's going on now and, especially as you get closer to the Brathay site and runners arehere to register for the Windy marathon tomorrow, it picks up to a whole new level.

Me and Chris feeling like celebrities at the start of Day 10
Short blog today, there's not much to report. I'm really really looking forward to tomorrow and seeing all my favourite bits of the route for the last time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment